- When will the site open?
- Site will be open to staff and event set-up personnel on Wednesday, June 27.
- The event is over at noon on Monday, July 2. Anyone still on site after 12:00 on Monday, the event steward thanks you for volunteering to assist in the event clean-up!
- When will the populace be allowed on site?
- Designated land agents will be allowed on site the morning of Thursday, June 28.
- All other event attendees are invited on site the afternoon of Thursday, June 28.
- How much does the event cost?
- See Registration / Register Here link for more registration details.
- Event fee is $40 per adult (and a $5 discount with proof of membership in the SCA); $15 per child between the ages of 6-18; children under the age of 5 are free.
- There will be a family cap of $100 for 2 adults and associated children.
- Can I use PayPal?
- Yes! Pre-register for the event, and pay with PayPal!
- If you choose to pay the event fee upon arrival, PayPal will not be available at the Gate.
- Is there a price difference for day-tripping vs camping?
- The event fee is the same, regardless of your length of stay.
- There will be an additional $75 fee for RV hookups.
- Day-trippers to the event will be directed to preferred parking upon check-in at the Gate.
- Are pets allowed on site?
- No pets are permitted.
- Tent Camping
- Some tent rentals will be available. The contact for these rentals will be posted soon.
- Keep in mind that the site prohibits digging holes. No sump pits, no fire pits. Plan accordingly.
- There are coin-operated showers on site. Info Point will be able to make change if you find yourself short on quarters.
- The land allotment system will be like that used for Pennsic, at 250 square feet per person.
- There is an area set aside for disability camping. This area is close to the center of the event and handicapped parking. There are grassy areas between short gravel paths that lead out to paved areas to get around the event. There will be a charging station available.
- Dug fire pits are not allowed. Only raised fire bowls or pits are allowed. Please have some form of fire extinguishing materials handy.
- Tent Camping
- The Fairgrounds have 75+ RV sites with hookups. If you would like to bring your RV, there is a $75 charge on top of the event cost. This is what the Fairgrounds charges us.
- The closest hotels are about 20-25 minutes from the site. The major hotel chains are represented in Albany, Troy, Latham, and Clifton Park.
- A group hotel rate has been reserved for the East Kingdom 50 Year Celebration.
Group Rate details:
Group Name: SCA 50
Hotel Name: Hampton Inn Clifton Park
Phone Number: 518-373-2345
Hotel Address: 620 Plank Road, Clifton Park, New York 12065
The group rates apply to dates from June 25-July 1, 2018.
Any questions regarding the group hotel rate should be addressed to Linda Meyer at email@example.com.
- Positive recommendations have been received for the Residence Inn at the Albany Airport in Latham NY. A group rate has not been negotiated for this property.
- I will gladly take recommendations or referrals to local hotels for inclusion on this list! Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with your recommendation.
- Crash space. Contact the crash-space coordinator at email@example.com
3. Food availability
- Food vendors
- Did someone say “ice cream”?
- Food trucks
- A list of participating food trucks will be posted soon.
- Food vendors
- A list of participating merchants will be posted soon
5. Area Amenities*
- Hoosic Valley Shop & Save
- Schaghticoke Wines & Spirits
- Rite Aid
- Wiley Brothers Inc
- Trustco Bank
- Convenience store
- Stewart’s Shop
*these are not meant as endorsements of area businesses, but provided as additional information*